Tuesday, June 30, 2009

lately

The kids have been great, Man has been wonderful, and I still can't walk a straight line. The sleep study confirmed apnea but my recovery from the study has been slow. It's Tuesday and I feel like I'm finally starting to be a normal person again.

It's shocking how one night of positively lousy sleep has put me out of commission for 4 days. Sunday, the day after I woke up from the study, I felt drunk from sleep deprivation and tried to just keep a low profile at church.

-sigh-

So, no funny stories to report. We've had another series of frustrating dr's appts when we tried to get Tag a new glasses prescription which led us on a wild goose hunt that ends with making an appt with an ophthalmologist at Walter Reed, which, as previously outlined, can be a 7 hour excursion during which I can't have any other kids with me due to Maryland laws prohibiting the presence of any children who aren't the object of the appointment.

It's also going to take at least another 2 weeks before I can get on that life-saving cpap machine and another month or two before we figure out if I'm narcoleptic, which I also can't take kids to either.

I'm starting to understand why people end up paying so much for child care. It's just a way of life, realizing you have to get something done that prohibits the presence of kids.

Anyway, it appears that I'm still somewhat sleep deprived. In a way, I'm grateful for this wake up call though. The dr said the apnea would clear up if I lost weight, so here you go. What more do I need to experience in order to realize that this is what the rest of my life could look like if I don't shape up? I was told that 10-15 years of serious apnea could lead to enlargement of the heart which leads to all kinds of death. If I've had this for the last 7 years, that means something has to happen now and I don't want to depend on a machine for something as natural and necessary as sleep.

rant over. this punch drunk lady is going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd watch 'dem babies for ya~ for free! Chin up chickita!