Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Product review: Hoover Elite Bagless Canister Vacuum

I saw this at Costco and have been looking at vacuums for a while. It has all of the features I really want in a vacuum, such as the following:

-cord rewind
-long power cord
-canister, which seems to be easier on the back, given how much vacuuming I get to do now
-bagless
-brush can turn off for hard wood
-telescoping handle so I don't have to lean over to operate it

Anyway, great machine. Except the suction is weak. All of those features don't mean a thing if it's going to leave garbage on the carpet. It seems to work alright generally speaking, but today I had to go over a piece of dry oatmeal four times before it would suck it up. Is it my imagination? Who knows. I'm going to do that dirt test thing, with potting soil and my two vacuums competing for glory, honor, and suckiness.

I simply can't afford to allow allergens to languish in the carpet. Do you all have vacuums that you love?

No comments: