Monday, October 20, 2008

Vacations

I think it'd have to be the road trip we took with this move.

I'd really rather describe my dream vacation.

Kids: No.

Husband: Yes!

Length: 2 weeks or longer.

Destination: Greece, or Germany.

I don't mind backpacking and if it were just us two adults, we could travel very light. I'd like to go in the fall. Germany for Man, Greece for me. It'd be neat to see 1,000+ year old buildings, sample real German sausage, see the history and art, and use public transit.

I think it'd be a relief to be in a country where I wouldn't understand the language. It'd be more isolating and thus more of a vacation. What do you really need that hand gestures, a tourist phrase book, and a smile can't get you? Just bring a GPS and your own toilet paper.

What's your dream vacation?

2 comments:

Mamabug said...

You are right about it not being a big deal that you don't understand the language. I have found that is actually nicer when you don't understand when someone is yelling at you. Because then you are just watching their body language, and mouth move, and then you get to guess what they are saying - it is really fun and funny. People's body language is really funny when you can detach the meaning of the words.

Anonymous said...

Body language might just get me into trouble. Facial expressions I know would just clinch the deal! I wonder which hand gestures are most definitely universal! : )