Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mess of the morning

This morning's mess was about 1/4 cup of finely shredded cheese that had been worked into the carpet by small and curious hands, though thank goodness none of it had yet been ground into the pile.

My first thought was "if I vacuum this, would that melt the cheese?" I thought about carpet pizza, and carpet alfredo, and carp'n'cheese (like mac'n'cheese) and started to run to get my vacuum to try it out but then realized that I didn't want to spend my morning using goo-gone on the carpet. I need to do my dishes instead. And I wasn't sure what melted cheese would do to my vacuum. I had visions of the canister filling with silk-fine threads of spun, Mexican-blend goodness, but then thought of spending my afternoon with a putty knife and the canister filter. I need to fold laundry instead.

-sigh- No cheese adventures for me. At least, not until dinner time.

I ended up using a hand broom for the worst of it and then used the vacuum hose on the rest. No silk-cheese, no carp'n'cheese.

Messes are so much more fun to read about than clean.

Now, I must go put "chee-bane-bane" (chitty chitty bang bang) into the dvd player for my Pebbles Au Gratin, aka The Queso Perp.

2 comments:

Mamabug said...

Yes - messes are much more fun to read about rather than clean. I know I smiled while reading about it.

Kelly said...

She seems to be giving you a run for your money!! ;)

Cheese, IME, is much easier to clean up when it's slightly dry rather than fresh on the carpet. Kinda like the mashed potatoes I let age a couple of hours yesterday.