Sunday, May 18, 2008

Product Review: Celestial Seasonings Apple Cider

My friendly neighborhood commissary had Celestial Seasonings apple cider tins. Despite our 91° day the other day I just had to try some.

I picked up the caramel version and took a dubious sip. Surprisingly, it isn't too sweet and was absolutely delicious. It really does taste like apple -- specifically, tart apples baked with brown sugar. I might add a small dollop of fresh whipped cream to it like I would a baked tart apple. The only disappointing thing is that the tin is small. 10 servings of anything doesn't last long around here, and now I need to wait until our next grocery day to get more. :( Maybe Costco will start carrying the 64 ounce version of it some day. The tin is attractive and serviceable and now I'm in trouble because I actually like them a bit better than Altoid tins, despite the lack of a hinge. So now I need to think of some legitimate use for these things because I can't throw away a nice, attractive, serviceable tin.

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I'm with you on the phrase "you're not alone". God is the only one who knows what it's like to experience our own individual trials. I do know that being a stay-at-home mom is the most demanding job on the planet, although ironically it's also the most important, challenging, fulfilling (at times), and craziest one. Hope you've had a restful Sunday, as restful as it gets with four kids.

Unknown said...

I think you should use the tin for buttons. That the very first thing that came to mind.

Unknown said...

Typing with a baby in my arms is difficult. I meant to sat "that's" on my comment, not "that". Sorry!