Thursday, May 22, 2008

The dangers of recycling

Yesterday I took the kids outside so we could watch the recycling truck come by. Kids rarely get tired of that. The nice guy who takes the recycling in said hi, stopped to shake hands with the kids, asked after the baby, then asked if I was interested in Shaklee. He gave me his card and told me about the pyramid scheme for a minute while I just sort of laughed inside at this guy with such a heavy accent giving this really great sales pitch using some decently complex sales tactics. He had been trained well.

So I told my friend C about the crazy recycling guy who was selling Shaklee. When he came to her house to pick up her recyclables he said hi, she said hi, then ran away.

Friends don't let friends be subject to sales pitches. You're welcome, C.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great job, A. I've been dodging the Melaleuca sales pitches lately.