Thursday, May 08, 2008

My latest yummy snack

Ever on the hunt for a snack healthier than the normal S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) fare I'm often tempted by, I've recently become enamored of Yoplait vanilla yogurt, sold in 32 ounce containers. Bulk is cheaper, it's a flavor all of us (except Man) can live with, and almost every add-in I can think of works well with it. We've tried it with chopped almonds, chopped cashews, shredded coconut (too much extra sugar, I think), and today we discovered powdered graham crackers. My submersible blender came with a little chopper container that can do everything from grinding meat to making diamond dust (yes, an exaggeration) so instead of graham cracker crumbs we took it to the nth degree and obliterated those poor crackers almost down to their constituent elements. But oh, the texture. What an amazing thing. A modest bowl of yogurt with one or two add-ins is so much more satisfying to me now than a heaping bowl of ice cream, especially knowing that I won't have a sugar crash or nausea an hour later.

I wonder how well it'd go with salty stuff. Like soynuts. Mmmm, yum.

What your latest health(y/ier) snack?

No comments: