Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My pride

Thinking back on "going it alone" I feel that it's time to talk about all the of the things Man does bring to my life that really enriches it.

1.) He's generous. I recall one friend who came to us in need of a (for us) significant amount of money. This person never asked for a handout or loan but Man immediately offered it as a gift. Since this person was a dear friend of mine, I knew that it was partially a gift to me as well. I just love that he is so willing to help anyone out in any way he can. He's been to more moves than I can count, he is faithful in getting his home teaching done, gives rides all the time, and even stayed up with Frieda at 3am this morning when I couldn't take any more sleep-deprived ear pummeling.

2.) He can make me belly laugh at some of the oddest things. While in labor with Frieda he actually made me smile during some of my hardest contractions, something the birthing coach who was present had never seen before. He will just randomly come up with a joke or quote or idea that takes me totally by surprise and it immediately lifts my spirits.

3.) He listens. He can talk on subjects which make him passionate (did you guys know he could be a passionate speaker?) but mostly what he gets called to do in this female dominated family is listen. Poor guy.

4.) When he decides to make something happen, he can make it happen. He finds outside-the-box solutions to problems I just want to give up on. When my energy and creativity are spent, he's always there with one step further to make all that effort worth it in the end.

5.) I love him. And for anyone who knows what love can be after years, hardship, and being faced with the option of leaving but sticking it out anyway, you know what that sort of love brings to life. He has positive qualities in spades, but even if he didn't the simple fact that I love him makes me a better person.

So I guess what I have to say is that sure, having him gone would make things a bit more simple, but I would truly and dearly miss him.

-sigh- Ok, I know that was a bit sappy but now I just can't wait to hug him when he gets home.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Love all the positive traits of your hubby. You are a very lucky woman. Hope your little one gets better. I really loved the pics of your kids you took a few days ago.