Friday, March 30, 2007

Walkies

Spring is in the air, flowers are bursting open, and our evening walks are now in full daylight. I never realized how much more there is to see when it can be done in the sun. I'll have to start taking my (old, cheap, you wouldn't want to steal it from me) camera. There's a beautiful little bird that hangs out at our park here that looks a lot like these little guys (don't click that link too often, I'm stealing bandwidth), but I'm not certain what he is. He sure is a dapper fellow, though, and I enjoy watching him.

We also found some new flowers randomly popping out all over a common bit of lawn and I brought home a sample to photograph. Looks something like this:



There is also a really cute little purple flower that is all over our largish park lawn. It's so tiny and fragile looking that I almost (almost!!) feel sad when the lawn mowers come out.





Forgive the lack of direct light. The sun was going down as I took these. Why no sunset picks, you ask? Ok, ok, one last picture. Excuse the power lines and that silly house that's in my way.

No comments: