Thursday, March 22, 2007

Menu planning -or- I'm pathetic

Ok, when left to my own devices I really, really hate menu planning. I'm always looking for a free and easy way to plan out meals that are relatively healthy and now Kraft has got a solution for me! Of course it features recipes that call for its very own brand of ingredients, but I never follow a recipe to a "t" anyway.

Behold, the almost-ultimate copout: Kraft Foods Express Checkout.

Now, things like Kraft Macaroni and Cheese as a side dish? Gag me. But some of this stuff looks pretty promising with the requisite tweaking and brand swapping as the budget demands. Has anyone had any luck finding a good turkey sausage? I think it's funny that they consider onions to be a pantry staple, like the authors might be from my mom's side of the family.

I might go through these menus really quickly, maybe two sets a week. I definitely have to cook more than 4 times in a week.

No comments: