Saturday, March 24, 2007

Those cute kids

Princess Butterfly has officially outgrown her last batch of hand-me-downs. She and I went out on a date to shop around and let her pick her style for the very first time. Here is one outfit from our search:



We couldn't find a belt that she liked very well so we took a look at the scarves. I need to take down the cuffs to make the pants long enough, but other than that she's very happy with her new batch of clothing. It was interesting to sift through all of the options at Ross. It can be hard to find clothes without words plastered all over them.

My little almost-toddler Pebbles hasn't made any progress toward walking and I havn't pushed it. She will, however, climb onto these kid-sized chairs and stand without hands.



As you can see, she's very pleased with herself. I think she has inherited Man's daredevilry and will follow in her brother's footsteps in exploring until and even after it hurts.

Speaking of my little explorers:



This kid just cracks me up. He found a treat in the cupboard and snitched. He was under his covers noshing on his ill-gotten gains when I put Pebbles down for a nap and hauled him out of hiding. I then put the treat on top of the fridge and 5 minutes later caught him at it again, but this time he had a chair up against the fridge and managed to get himself stuck by grabbing hold of the freezer door which swung open, leaving him hanging in space and stuck. Talk about embarrassing. Our conversation:

Me: Were you trying to get the chocolate?
Tag: No I wasn't!
M: What were you doing up there?
T: I wasn't trying to get chocolate. I was... [longish pause] I wasn't getting chocolate.


-sigh-

No comments: