Friday, January 09, 2009

Messes, messes, everywhere

In all the messes that happen around here, my percentage of fault hides most dexterously. I'll claim 1% here, 2% there, oh dear only 0.5% over there. By the time it all adds up, my portion of the chaos is a bit embarrassing. Here's something that was 100% my fault (if only 2% of that day's "oops"s.)

I tried to defrost some turkey in my microwave. I hit the button and walked away. You know, the "ground meat" button that's supposed to magically defrost the frozen log and make it "fresh" again. I was going to make meatballs for spaghetti. This is what I came back to:

Say it with me: Ew!!!

Say it again! EWWWW!!!

This is what happened:

So, I have two different buttons that say "ground meat" on them. One is for defrosting, one is for cooking. I ended up chopping it up, cooking it the rest of the way, and throwing it into the sauce. It tasted pretty good.

Here is the other mess that made up about 36% of that day's Oops.


It turns out that Pebbles likes to dance in these glittery shoes that are too small for Princess but far too large for Pebbles. That doesn't stop her though. She dumped Cheerioes on the ground and danced in them in true hoofer style. It was terribly cute but not so cute when it came to "clean up your own darn mess".

No comments: