Thursday, January 29, 2009

It came

It came yesterday, in the dead of the frostbitten, howling night. Ice lashed against my windows and cheeks as a dark robed man handed me a package wrapped in tattered linen.

"Thus, you be damned," his reedy voice screeched in glee. With a flick of his cloak he swirled into an icy, passing gust and vanished.

I stood transfixed by what I held in my hand. A key. A key to pain, and suffering. A key to a path of sweat, tears, anguish and yes, perhaps even blood. A key to loss, and howling frustration. I trembled as I backed into my home, bringing the package with me. The storm door slammed with a crack that shook me from my reverie. I shook my head sharply, scowled, and raised the package above my head.

"I shall not allow such a thing to be my master! I shall meet my goal and this shall be a mere tool! Hear this, harbinger of all human grief. You are my servant. I do not fear."



It is time.

Time to Shred.

The 30 Day Shred has arrived.


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG you are hilarious! We need to find you another outlet for your humor and your obvious ability to write. ~You can't just be skinny you know; you have to be rich and skinny too~!