Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's funny

As soon as I have to start sorting through and packing my house, I suddenly want to blog every little thing that passes through my mind. Which would be boring for all of us.

It was fun to wake up to ice on the ground this morning. This is the second time this winter that we've had ice. It's interesting to watch the people around here who have no ice scraper sit in their cars, waiting for them to warm up. They put their windshield wipers on high to try to get the ice off, or pound the ice with their fists, and bundle up like it's an icy apocalypse. Many of us here can sort of chuckle and sigh at the silly Texans who don't know how to get ice off their cars, but after living in largely ice-free parts of the country for over two years I can see how it'd be easy to grow unaccustomed to dealing with the frustrating substance. Thank goodness we kept all our ice scrapers even after the sedan totaled.

Has anyone tried that anti-ice windshield fluid? I have a feeling that it may come in handy in Maryland if it works.

I sorted through everything in my bedroom yesterday so today it's time to tackle the closet. -sigh- I managed to pack two boxes, put together an overflowing box to donate, and fill two trash bags. There's still a lot to pack but it's starting to look doable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That windshield stuff helps. Sorta. The best to use is the old fashioned "elbow grease" method. You know, with a scraper and some effort!