Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Freezing again

Well, the Texans take ice so seriously that not only did school start two hours late, Man got to go into work late as well. We all woke up about 7 and had a leisurely breakfast of French toast (Freedom toast?) made from homemade bread I threw in the bread maker last night. Then Man got to listen to the latest TED talk while I folded laundry and he played a game of Guess Who? with the kids. My dishes are done, the kids played together very nicely, and I showed them how to put a long sleeved shirt under a short sleeved shirt. I'm so tickled that this simple fashion rebellion that I liked as a youth lives on in my kids. As I helped Tag layer a dark green shirt under his camo shirt, Princess kept asking "Are you sure this isn't against the rules? Is he allowed to do this?" Then she jumped on the bandwagon and picked out her own shirt combo.

It was a great morning. And now I'm grateful for some quiet wherein to type a bit and gather my strength to tackle Tag's closet.

The funny thing is, there wasn't any ice on the ground this morning that I could see. Unless TX has got Super Sneaky Black Ice that I've never heard of, the roads were 100% safe (as long as you didn't count the 80% freaked out motorists). I can't tell you how grateful I was for a calm, delightful morning. Man's spirits perked remarkably from the extra sleep.

No comments: