Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pebbles moment

Sometimes when the kids are taking their dear precious time walking down the hallway I'll walk behind them, lightly kicking their rear ends. Yes, annoying for sure but it gets the job done without me having to yell at them.

Anyway, the older ones will sometimes say "hey! stop kicking my butt!" (I should note that I'm the crude spouse. Many is the time I've heard a little chipmunk voice say "oh, cwap". It's all my fault. Man never even says things like "oh my goodness". His language is pure, and no he didn't ask me to explain this to you all. I'm just proud of him.)

Then there's Pebbles. When we change her diaper she likes to find her "butt-en-en", which is her version of "belly button."

So, imagine my surprise when I hear a little chipmunk yell out one day "dop kidding my butt-en-en!"

-sigh- I love baby talk.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

I'm impressed by her advanced sentence!