Sunday, April 13, 2008

Music

CANdYRAT has some awesome artists. They all have a distinctive level of talent but are also noticeably unglamorous. The three I'm really loving nowadays are:

Andrew White -- Here Comes the Rain, Traces of Silver, and Holy Island.

Gregory Hoskins -- Beautiful Parade, Never a Stranger Kiss, and Black Flakes of Memory.

Last but not least, the incomparable Andy McKee -- Drifting, specifically, but really anything he plays on that guitar is magic.

Maybe it's all the acoustic guitar which happens to make me weak in the knees.

Then there's Nickel Creek. I've never heard any of their music until doing that stupid "guess that band" stuff. Some of theirs that I can't get enough of include Speak, When You Come Back Down, and This Side.

Ah, so much good music...
What are your current favs?

1 comment:

jen said...

Sondre Lerche -- have been listening to him non-stop for weeks. Then there is Liam Finn, She & Him, and Bon Iver. I LOVE music. I think I would be okay with being blind and in a wheelchair without a sense of taste as long as I could still listen to music.