Monday, November 19, 2007

Copy cat

I'm going to copy Rachel's post today. Or at least the idea.

Things I'm grateful for:

My husband. We've grown together over the years. I'm proud of him and even far away from family and all of my close friends I feel totally friendful having him here with me.

My children. My little mirrors, my amazing, sweet little teachers. And no, I still can't wrap my head around having a fourth little H in just over a month.

My extended family. Y'all are a hoot and sometimes a holler. Yes, this includes my whole barrel of in-laws. I have more in laws than I have of my own blood kin which continues to amaze and amuse me. I miss all of you, especially around this time of year. I'm terrible at calling... so I'm also grateful for those who are better at it than I am and call anyway.

Our physical needs are met. We have a comfortable home, food, clothing, transportation, community safety, medical care.

Challenges. I'd like to quote my Uncle J: "every day, in every way, it just keeps getting better and better." I'm learning how to work through challenges and leave them behind me... for the most part. ;) And that makes my tomorrow something to look forward to.

The Army. Yes, that big, blasted, bureaucratic Army. The community around me is amazing, diverse, and capable. I have yet to meet a military person and family who doesn't have an interesting story to share. The community resources, the friends that are so easily made, and the common willingness to get the job done quickly and right so there may be much merriment afterward are all inspiring. I will always have a treasured place in my heart for these fine people.

This country. Yes, it has its flaws but it's home. I do have rights and opportunities if I but step up to accept and exercise them.

I'm grateful for peanut butter. Without it, we might starve.
Pink and purple flowers that my Princess adores.
Cars and airplanes that my Tag adores.
"Babies" (soft, stuffed animals) that my Pebbles adores.
Music, the making of, and engineering the listening to, which my Man adores.
I love these things that those dear to me love.

God. He who sustains and guides, redeems and extends mercy. He who loves perfectly.

Yes, I'm grateful for being reminded to be grateful.

No comments: