Tuesday, February 27, 2007

There can be only one

It worked!! Today the older kids were talking about their uncle, aunts, and grandparents on my side of the family.

Tag: I have an Oma and she's a girl.
PB: I have a girl Oma, too!
Me: You both have an Oma?
Both: Yes!
Me: Is there more than one Oma?
PB: No! We have just one Oma, one Opa, one Uncle (name), one Aunt (name), and one Aunt (name). Just one of everything!

Hehe. That was my design when my first child was born so that when someone said "Oma" we'd know exactly who they were talking about. Over the past year my kids have been introduced to so many different grandparents who have been kind enough to love them that for a little while they seemed overwhelmed with all the new "Grandma (name)"s. They are totally square on which grandparents really are theirs now, but the whole time they only had one Oma, and one Opa.

Ah, it's nice to avoid that sort of identification stress. So there ya go, Mom and Dad! I've gone to great lengths to make sure you guys are always remembered and are one of a kind. Not that you're not one of a kind in your own right... but you know what I mean. ;)

No comments: