Sunday, February 04, 2007

Overheard in Primary

Man and I are Primary teachers now.

Lady giving sharing time: What do all of these names on this large poster board have in common? (correct answer: "they're all children of God.")

Peanut gallery: They're all mammals?

I tried fasting this morning and only made it to about 9:30 before I started getting dizzy and irritated. I've been very irritated and sugar-wonky all day long. Pebbles hasn't been nursing long enough that I thought I might give it a try but today has proven to me that my body simply isn't ready for it. My last glucose test said that I was in fine shape. I'm thinking of getting a blood sugar tester thingy just so I have something to show a dr next time they blow me off. Either that or prove to myself that it's all in my head.

So for dinner we're having cheesy tater tots and pork stir fry, the two easiest things I could think of except maybe crackers and pb.

Does anyone have a recipe for those stir fried green beans at buffets? Or the cabbage in butter sauce? Have been craving cabbage but have settled for fried cabbage so far.

Princess Butterfly had her first all-girl birthday party yesterday for a girl from her class at church. She had a blast decorating her own cupcake, jumping on the huge trampoline (with nets around it as per community mandate) and giggling with a bunch of girls her age. I got 2 hours of free babysitting. :D She even made part of the gift we gave the little girl so it was especially cool for her when she thanked PB for the very pretty gift.

Pebbles refuses to walk still. I think part of the problem is how dang cold all of these wood floors are. She's definitely our latest walker but I still don't have a problem with it at all. She can almost touch the VCR buttons as it is. It's almost time for my little baby to have her first birthday. Now I know why youngest kids get spoiled. I just don't want to put her down.

No comments: