Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Another Tag moment

We were at Target while running errands yesterday and happened in be over in the shoe department surrounded by about 5 different older couples when Tag all of a sudden got it in his fool head to make a shocking inquiry:

Mom, do you have your bra on?

I was caught totally off guard by that and you should have seen the looks on some of those old faces. One lady looked like she was about to smack him so I hurried through the department grumbling various threats at him to try to get him to shut up, but he was totally undeterred, repeating his question a few more times before we got out of ear shot. I was torn between busting up laughing and busting his little behind, so I settled for scowling at him and telling him to hush.

What would you have done? My clothing isn't something I'm ashamed of, and neither is my body. But still... bras just aren't things I want to speak about with my young son in a store. Especially with the Pruney Prude Squad watching.

(exceptions: my grandparents are just about the coolest people on the planet and I think every one of them would have laughed at him even if not entirely approving of what he did. I humbly and lovingly exclude them from the PPS)

No comments: