Monday, November 20, 2006

Lasik

There is a great price on Lasik out here, a price I never thought I'd see: $299 per eye. As soon as I saw that I scheduled an appointment for an evaluation. New recliner or lasik? It's in the bag, folks. I drove through three highways, braved Big Man In Little Car and his road rage, trudged through yards of parking lot and started on paperwork only to be told that I would just have to wait to get it until I havn't been nursing for 3 months.

What?

Yes, that's right, and what's more, I ALREADY KNEW THAT!!! When getting an eye exam and new contacts and glasses before Pebbles was born, the optometrist told me to get another exam after she was born and then again after I stop nursing. Something about pressure in the eye changing the geography of it.

I also got to learn about the newer technology which was cooler, more effective and exciting, and $1700 per eye plus change.

-sigh- Getting the old technology would actually save us money in the long run. With the cost of a contact exam, cost of two eyes' worth of toric lenses, and another chunk on (ok, relatively cheap) glasses, my eyes cost us a tidy bundle every 12-18 months. Let's just say that getting the old technology would pay for itself in less than two years.

Are your eyes expensive?

No comments: