Monday, November 13, 2006

First day of school

Well, Tag is at his first day of school. He isn't officially enrolled yet since this is an extended evaluation for the special education program. He'll be going three days a week for all of November. It was kind of funny to see everyone eye-balling my armload of asthma treatment paraphernalia and epi pens.

As I walked away from the school I tried to sort through my feelings. A little anxiety, a bit of relief, but mostly I wondered how well I did with him up until now. They're going to see all of his little quirks now and I won't be there to explain it, reassure him or them, correct it, etc. Suddenly someone else has the authority and responsibility to teach and shape my child. I hope they love him. I was very impressed with his teacher, Mrs. O. She radiates capability and cheer.

Princess Butterfly is disappointed that Tag gets to go to preschool and not her, but I've assured her that I'll do my best to get her in after we move. At the very least she gets to start kindergarten in the fall. It's hard with the little friend we live with also going to preschool. PB is already lonely without a playmate.

And can you believe it? I forgot to take pics of Tag..... -forehead smack-

No comments: