Thursday, March 03, 2011

"He's not so bad-guy" movies and job openings

It's a tale as old as time: cute [kid/woman] meets bad-guy who slowly starts to appreciate then love cute [kid/woman] and then he turns out to be a not so bad-guy after all. Cute story. Modern versions in cinema include Lilo and Stitch, Despicable Me, and my most recent favorite, Megamind.

I've seen it before in over a dozen iterations but for some reason Megamind really speaks to me. I may have to buy that one.

Speaking of putting your money where your fandom is, have you heard about the new Firefly brouhaha? Yeah, wow. I'm totally on that bandwagon.

I've posted my job qualifications over on LDSjobs.org. Things are so uncertain at the moment that it's looking like I'll definitely be getting a job while Man sorts himself out. Which isn't a bad thing. I've wanted to get back into being a some sort of professional for a while now and this is forcing my hand. Oddly enough, I'm attracted to working at Home Depot so I can learn how to use a forklift and maybe build stuff. There are other administrative jobs available but I'm starting to think that I want something that will also get me up and moving my body. I'm good to go for Military to Medicine which will get me a toe into healthcare as well with a certificate.

Another fabulously viral bit of news is a young lady named Amanda Hocking. She writes books and electronically publishes them through Kindle. I've also seen her stuff for Nook. Anyway, she has no publisher and no overhead and makes about $2 million a year just writing from home and getting noticed. Man wants me to finish my NaNoWriMo book and give self publishing a whirl. Who knows? Maybe we could retire to Italy after I become a best selling author. Wouldn't that be a peach.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with the writing! You should totally go for it, you are definitely talented enough. :)