Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tag doing to his shoes what boys do to shoes: wear those suckers out! Stopping bikes, running, stepping in creeks... it's a good thing you can't smell these suckers.




Pebbles enjoy a flower she pilfered from the front yard. I told her to show me her purple finger nails and look at the camera. You can tell what she's more interested in.



Freida also has one hand of purple nails. She wouldn't sit still long enough for both hands, or for a picture.


Some sort of pink, fuzzy flower on a bush in front.


This is a really tall bush in the front. I have no idea what these are, either.



These are all over post in great hedges. I think they're beautiful. Their real life color is darker and deeper than this.

Are these lilies? Anyone? They bloomed within a couple of weeks of the landscaping guys planting them.
These are all along the front of the house and they're all in bloom.

One of the nice things about post is the massive bushes of honey suckle. If you drive around with your windows open on or around post, you can smell all of the flowers in bloom right now. Man's allergies don't appreciate it, but I think it's glorious.

Today we're listening to old school Billy Joel and cleaning up. The kids are still in school for a couple of weeks and even though they've had a lot of breaks due to moving and a double dose of spring break, they seem to be ready to just have a summer of relaxing. I went to an IEP (individual education plan) meeting for Princess where it was determined that she no longer needs speech therapy. Woohoo!! Less of my life in meetings.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a person hate sugar? I still can't stomach the idea of peanut m&m's (which is sad b/c I met someone who works for M&M Mars. I could definitely tell her that Snickers is my favorite candy bar though) but there are so many other delicious things that would feel bad if I didn't eat them.

Well, off I go to get my FLYLady on.

No comments: