Thursday, May 28, 2009

planting

Fun =


I started some herbs (cilantro, basil, dill, and chives) a couple of weeks ago, as well as some tomatoes and peppers. Pebbles took care of all of my peppers and chives for me while I wasn't looking, and today I was transplanting and Freida plucked most of the basil (one surviving plant) and some of the dill.

-sigh-

So, take two and this time I'm starting them in actual pots since it seems to be easier to overplant and thin than it is to use the egg carton.

I love working dirt with my hands. It was nice to break up clumps of cool earth until it felt silky and soft. I also love scrubbing up afterward and smelling the soil on my hands.

Now I just need to find a place there my little seeds can be safe from little hands and obscene amounts of rain.

No comments: