Sunday, May 03, 2009

I'm going to make million$

I was making dinner when the Tagster comes over.

T: What's for dinner.

M: [I forget]

T: Eeeeew!!

M: [totally sick of dealing with ewww's despite using every parenting technique I've heard of] Ok, if you pay me $5 then I'll make you something else.

T: [suspicious] Like what?

M: Fish sticks. [I totally thought that he'd say no, considering how much he likes money]

T: Ok. Let me know when my fish sticks are done.

Tonight we did the same thing. I made fajitas, he didn't want them, I nuked him a quesadilla and dished him a half of a canned pear. Another easy $5.

And now... he's out of money.

We'll have to see what he does on stir fry night.

5 comments:

Katie said...

That's funny.

mydogtess said...

the guy puts his money where his mouth is, eh?

Andrea Hardee said...

Yes, he does. :) But I do too, at Chipotle. I'll take him out for lunch with my ill-gotten gains. It's his birthday money, after all, and I'm starting to feel guilty. The trick is to not let him know that I feel that way...

Mediocre Renaissance Man said...

That's awesome. You're my hero. In fact, I'm thinking you've given me an idea. A while back we instituted a reward program where Micah could earn family dollars. He can then cash those in on items sold in a family store (things like time on the Wii, going out to breakfast with mom or dad, etc.). Maybe we could let him buy a separate dish on nights when mom makes something he doesn't care for. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Can I copy Mediocre's idea! I like the idea of "family" dollars rather than real dollars because then I wouldn't have to take him to Walmart!