Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring break

I was a fan of Spring Break when I was a kid. No school, sleep in, play with friends, you know the drill.

Now that I'm a mom, it really messes with my day. I love the extra time with Princess but holy cow my schedule takes a beating. I hadn't realized how dependent I was on some outer force directing my morning to be a productive, aware person.

Today I got up with Frieda at around 6 but by 8 was feeling breathlessly fatigued. So I took a gamble since PB and Pebbles were both still sleeping and Tag was happily munching on Cheerioes and crept back into bed for a catnap. Two hours later Tag came bounding into my room to ask if he could play with the neighbors, followed by two very wet girls still in their pajamas. My mind wouldn't focus on the fact that they were both soaking wet. There was something wrong with that but my Brain just wouldn't do the dirty work for me. I shooed Tag away to go play and stripped the girls out of their clothes since they were so soaked they couldn't do it themselves. Princess said something about a hose. Great. Send PB off in dry clothes to play, put little one in warm bath. Go investigate the damage.

Find that he had used the Kitchen Sink hose by standing on a chair and spraying it out the window. Ha!! Proud of him for remembering and being able to execute a prank I played on him a couple of weeks ago. Sort of upset at the mess he left and the girls tracked all over the stinking kitchen and hallway. But I had to smile and wish I had seen the girls' faces when he did it.

So today needs to be a working day. A solid three hours will put this place to perfection. I guess I just need to get dinner in the crockpot first.

Anyone know what the heck to do with short ribs? Someone moved and gave some to us but I don't know how to prepare them.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

short ribs go in a crockpot (or can)... recipezaar had several recipes. My favorite rendition is a brown sugar/chili spice rub on them, but I didn't see anything like that on my quick runthrough on recipezaar.