Saturday, March 29, 2008

Remember those weekends?

Those weekends that we try to keep low-key?

Huh.

Lemme 'splain. No, there is too much. Lemme sum up.

I took the three olders out to the mud run over at the university. Apparently a lot of soldiers do the mud run so there were tons of people in their uniforms limping around with grins on their faces and absolutely caked with mud from head to toe in frigid wind. The kids spent a long while going through the inflatable obstacle courses. After a while I got jealous and joined them. Those things sure can be a workout. (the middle items under "new courses" were the ones we got to enjoy.)

Anyway, I got home to find that Man was developing a headache. I fed Frieda real quick and ran off to the store to get him some "headache meds" (Mountain Dew, which a friend of mine swears by for migraines) only to come home to find him twitching on our bedroom floor. He managed to get himself into bed but lay their writhing and clawing at his head. A quick phone call got us a babysitter and I took him to the ER. He asked me what for, I told him he needed a big ol' shot of morphine in his butt. Lo and behold, after the migraine shot didn't help, he got his shot of morphine and has spent the rest of the day in lala land. The dr asked what could have caused this sort of headache... was he experiencing any stress lately? -snort- You could say that.

Without going into details, school has been very taxing. He has attempted to convince them to give up on him and just send him on to a different job but they keep trying to do him a favor by keeping him here. This is the result.

After getting back from the ER I found that the lady who watched the kids cleaned my kitchen and living room!! She even wiped the top of the microwave. A secret, evil part of me wished Man would go to the hospital every day if that's the sort of treat I come home to.

So then I loaded up the kids and took them to Target so we could fill an Rx for Man. While there we found the movie Willow for $5 and lemon creme Hershey's kisses (75% off after Easter) that really don't taste all that great, and a huge ball for the kids to bounce around the backyard. I believe this is known as retail therapy.

Dinner was grilled burgers, tater tots, apple sauce, and a smoothie. It doesn't get much easier than that, folks. So we all watched Willow while I nursed Frieda, the kids got into bed an hour past their bedtime, and then I cleaned up from dinner in a silent house.

Man is finally awake and attempting to eat for the first time today (it's after 10 pm) and declares that he hates narcotic medicine, even if it means that his shoulder doesn't hurt for the first time in over a year.

-sigh- Hopefully tomorrow will be a day of rest.

2 comments:

Adelheide said...

I can relate to the bad migraine, but usually the injections I get at the ER help and I don't have to get morphine. The obstacle course looks like it would have been fun.

Anne Marie said...

Sorry about the ER trip. Hope your man gets through all the stress of school and life changes okay.