Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Gosh I feel functional!

Except I couldn't spell functional. ;) Why didn't anyone say something?

So my house isn't perfect. BUT! I'm caught up on laundry (or, as caught up as a family of 5 ever gets, which means one load in the wash but everything else is clean, folded and put away, or in very small piles in various dirty clothes baskets), catching up on dishes is going to be a snap, and I've made a good dinner every day this week so far. Which is, like, well, 2 days but I'm taking my triumphs as they come. With man back to the grind stone after a nice, long Christmas vacation things are easing into a routine which, at this phase of life, involves him putting in extremely long hours and me making the sacrifice of making sure that he's able to spend at least some of his precious home time in interaction with our kids. Amazing how easy it is to make friends with other wives in the same situation.

"What are you doing tomorrow, M?"
"Oh, same ol', same ol', but it's one of those days when I won't see DH at all until 9pm when he'll come home and crash into bed."
"Oh, yeah, me too. Wanna have a play date?"
"Sure!"

And I will say that I miss the stairs in the place where we stayed. Now I have to do pushups and situps like I mean them in order to keep weight off, now that Pebbles is all but weaned. Fortunately gyms here aren't cripplingly expensive unless you need child care. We'll have to see how far DDR and my own motivation can take me. -sigh-

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Isn't it wonderful when you're not feeling burdened by dishes & laundry!