Friday, January 26, 2007

Dinner queen

Can I just say I'm proud of myself? I've had dinner on the table every week night ever since Man went back to work full time after Christmas, I'm still mostly caught up on laundry, I've acquired an exercise buddy, and I'm back to making menus again. Princess is helping me fill in some menu spots which works out for me, since her favorite foods are so inexpensive and easy (grilled cheese, quesadillas -- wait, it's all cheesy... hm) and I think it's a good thing to involve the kids in menu planning and food prep anyway.

The weather here is turning nice enough to wear short sleeves in the afternoon so this Sat I get to go up to the self help office, borrow some shovels, and start digging up my little tiny patches of dirt to attempt a little garden. The only I have to worry about is the gophers that seem to have taken over all the lawns here. I'm looking into some sort of powder stuff that's supposed to smell like fox urine that the little beasts don't like, and I'm starting to not resent the neighbor's cats quite so much ever since watching one of them catch and kill a smallish gopher.

Tag is still learning how to dress himself. He's almost 4 and still has a hard time visualizing how his clothes are supposed to work on him. I told him to get dressed the other day and found him wandering around the house wearing this:

No comments: