Saturday, November 22, 2008

Waking up

This morning, Man tried to let me sleep in. It was really a courageous thing for him to attempt. But, sadly, Princess came in to let me know that she had accidentally peed her bed. She drank a lot yesterday (highly uncharacteristic of her) and neglected to use the bathroom last night. Fortunately, it was a small enough mess that I could tell her to take her own sheets off the bed. Thank goodness for plastic sheets which have been in place since our last flu episode.

A few minutes later, Man came to inform me that Frieda had not only thrown up all over her crib, she also needed a diaper change and he couldn't do it with one hand. He's been trying to help with things all day -- putting dishes away, flipping French toast, keeping the sad, grumpy baby occupied, but the results of often comedic. Poor guy. He really is trying.

Anyway, Pebbles wanted some breakfast and I realized that, since I cleaned up Freida and put Princess' bedclothes in the washer, gotten kisses from the kids, dried some tears, and had baby snot smeared on my shirt, all I needed to complete my collection of common bodily fluids was blood. Haha. Ha.

No one has bled yet today. And I'm SOOOOO grateful that Tag made it to the toilet before he lost everything he put in his stomach at his friend's birthday party last night. Between the two sick kids and post-op hubby, no one is going to church tomorrow.

Thank goodness they managed to be sick during their Thanksgiving break, rather than, you know, during a time when I could send at least one person to school.

No comments: