Monday, August 24, 2009

How are things going?

Today was the first day of school!! A bullet list is all I'm about to manage here, friends.

- Wake up early, rouse the younglings. Had to steal Tag's blanket to get him up.

- They managed to do all of their morning chores with almost an hour to spare! I told them that as long as they had at least a little time left over after dressing, putting dishes away, and eating breakfast, they could sleep in later than this morning.

-Walk them to school. Tons of parents waited with their kids. I waited until they were both safely engaged in conversation with friends and then...

- Had a chat with the nurse. Yep, gotta keep track of the meds.

- Went home to print out a map of the mall. I went on Sat and bought some clothes at Lane Bryant (shirts!! I have shirts!!) but they neglected to take the ink bomb off of my new pants. So, back we went to remove said ink bomb.

- Then we watched a friend's child until we had to go drop off Tag's meds and med permissions, and get him out of school to go to an ophthalmology appt. (yes, I spelled ophthalmology from memory, I'm sooo proud of myself) It took an hour to drive there and I was having mild panic attacks by the time we found a parking space on level P4.

- Thank goodness we got there in time to wait an hour for his appt.

- Then the sewer backed up in that building, so we got to enjoy that for a while as well.

-Nice dr though, even if he forgot to put Tag's PD on the rx (not the first time I've had to measure at home).

-Dr dangled the words "eye surgery" but didn't discuss too much, since it's a "we'll have to see" thing. I told him about my dear friend who found out about her child's brain tumor following an eye's nose-ward meander. He assured me that Tag had no sign of that whatsoever.

- We take off to the parking garage and I simultaneously return a call to the school nurse, and then we headed home.

- After beginning to drive, I notice that I'm not going to get home in time to let Princess in the house, or even tell her to walk home without Tag. ooooooo, bad feeling.

- We got on the beltway (which happens almost immediately after leaving the hospital) so I handed the phone to Tag.

M: When you hear someone say hello, ask for Sgt S.

T: Oh, ok. Can I talk to Brother S? Hi, this is Tag. Mom, whaddaya want?

M: Tell him to call Sister J and ask if she can see if Princess is at our house, because we won't be there when she gets home.

T: can you call Sister J and get Princess because we won't be back before school's over. [pause] He says ok.

M: Sweet! Don't have to worry about that anymore.

- We get home and drive straight to Sister J's house. But the little boy who answered the door says that Princess never showed up.

-Speed drive the van the halfablock home, burst inside with heart pounding to find Princess reading a book in a recliner. Man got home early and let her in.

-Man said that Sgt S called him up and said:

SS: Your son called me at work and asked me to call Sis J, but I can't tell what for. Do you have any idea what's going on?

Man: [with his incredible powers of deduction] I think I need to go home early, because my wife won't be home in time to let my daughter in the house. [well, it's either deduction, or he wanted to go home early]

-I'm so grateful for slow cookers. I have stroganoff scenting the house, just waiting for a pot of noodles to snuggle up to.


Oh, and I applied for college. I don't think I did it in time to get in thise semester, but things are at least set in motion for Spring.

ACK!!!

I've felt a little nauseous all day long from all of this but HEY! It didn't kill me and I'm still smiling. And I love stroganoff.

No comments: