Thursday, August 13, 2009

House pics

I have finally started deep cleaning/deep arranging the house, one room at a time. I started with my bedroom since my closet was driving me nuts.

Master bath: (with mirrors that need to be cleaned)


There are no drawers in there, but there's a tiny medicine cabinet. The blue drawer thing is very handy and doesn't look too nasty. I've thought about putting in under the sinks, but it contains things like bactroban that I just don't want to chance little fingers and mouths finding.



The double shower curtain thing is so fascinating to me, so I thought I'd try it out here.
I love my $3 IKEA rugs.



There was more stuff in here earlier, but I farmed it out to where it belongs and finally organized it (skirts together, suits together, etc)
The red tub is the bath I use for Vadermaker. It has to have dedicated cleaning equipment. (yes, I really only have about 5 shirts. it's a work in progress)



Man's stuff is so funny. When we moved in, his stuff found homes and that's where the things live. Forever. All of the stuff on top of his drawers has been there since the week we moved in, along with that tub, and his boots. The only change was the basket there which I used to keep things from spilling off of other things. At least he can usually find what he's looking for.


My drawers and the bookshelves. We used this bookcase from IKEA and turned it sideways because we didn't want to deal with securing it to a wall. I like all the odd-sized spaces in it. So many different things look like they're right at home.


I wanted to keep the bed very simple since we both don't care for making it. It's queen sized but we have king sized blankets and flat sheet since we're both blanket hogs. I limited myself to two pillows, one to cover our sleeping pillows and the other to break up the monotony of the plain quilt. I like the brown, since I can change the pillows on a whim and it'll still work with the color. I'm inching toward red right now.
My night stand has Vadermaker, scriptures, and a couple of cookbooks I'm working through.

Simple is where it's at, in the bedroom. I like it to be low-key and visually plain.

No comments: