Thursday, December 18, 2008

Teacher gifts

I have totally procrastinated teacher gifts. Tomorrow is the last day to give them. Ack! I had no ideas so asked the kids what they'd like to give to their teachers.

Princess: Well, Mrs. R says that her favorite thing in the whole world is [sounded like ->] Campbell's.

Me: Soup?!?

Princess: What? Weren't you listening? CANDLES.

Me: Oh, ah. Haha. Yes. That's actually a really great idea.

Princess: And then there are two PE coaches, a music teacher, the librarian, and the lady who yells at us to be quiet at the cafeteria...

And she kept listing people at school who, in my heart, I know ought to be recognized but I just couldn't think of how to do so without breaking the budget and making me crazy before tomorrow.

We'll just have to see how it turns out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, can't help ya by tomorrow, but for future reference this is my solution:

Neighbor gifts, teacher gifts, "I don't know you but your at my door-step, here's a gift" gifts, (you name it) can all be solved in one little sticky word: JAM.

I have a small and humble peach tree in my back yard that provided two bushels - eventually - of juicy white alberta peaches this past August. Not knowing what to do with all that delicious fruit from the Gods, I made JAM. In one afternoon I made 60 half-pints of "peach" or "peach-blend" JAM and I decided right then and there that was what everyone I knew would get for Christmas this year.

My poor children won't get toys because they will have JAM in their stockings and JAM under the tree and their only option will be: Peach, Peach-Strawberry, Peach-Raspberry, Peach-Blackberry, or Peach-Every berry. LUCKY KIDS!

Good Luck tomorrow!
M.