Thursday, July 24, 2008

Go outside

Friend C called today. She was at a pool with her child, getting a nice tan, I'm sure.

Right before we ended our call she said to go outside some time, because she knows we don't go out much when she isn't around. I looked at my skin that's already losing some of its glow, then looked outside where the perpetual overcast keeps everything gloomy.

I know that there are so many people in the US who are sick of their weather, whether it be flood or heatwave, but I'm so tired of weather that isn't so much blissfully at peace as it is just plain too lazy to get worked up. I want to get angry at something and the weather is an easy thing to go out in, lift my face to, and scream at. I can feel hot sun pressing in my face or wind tearing at my hair and clothes or rain seeping into my open mouth and shoes, but here... puh. It's wimpy and weak. We've had "bad" weather maybe three times in the past two years and each time we all sort of woke up and cheered it while it lasted.

I'll come back here after I'm old and can't tolerate extremes. In the mean time, bring on the next station, which is sure to feel like heck after this oasis of blah.

No comments: