Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Another sunset

I've always wondered what a sunset would look like when the whole world seems to be laced with smoke. Today, the wind was just right to waft it everywhere. I felt like I was in a beehive and it was time to harvest.

There's a wonderful ocean view just a couple of blocks away, and this is what we found:


The color isn't doctored.


I couldn't decide which one I liked best.


Over to our right there is a view of some old bunkers. There's something so lonely about this picture, with smoke, no sun, and old suspicious fear. The white spots against the green at the bunker entrances.


You can barely see where the horizon on the water is, and you can see where the sun was starting to disappear. There were some amazing lines of darkness on it as it set.


This is the afterglow about 20 mins after the sun was gone.


Don't forget that you can click on the pictures for a large view.

1 comment:

Mediocre Renaissance Man said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (I think? I'm never sure of this stuff!)