Monday, February 07, 2011

The H Times

Me: Pebbles, your birthday is tomorrow!  Do you want to send a treat to class?
Pebbles:  Yes, I do!  [giggle]
Me: Ok, the school says you can send in pencils.
Pebbles: Mom, pencil isn't a treat.
Me:  I know.  [sigh] 

No sugar, no allergens, no soda, no candy.  And we're celebrating Friendship Day next week and we can send in "snacks that are good for our hearts."  I thought about sending in ribbon wrapped Omega 3 capsules.  Those are good for hearts.  Or maybe some granola bars made primarily of flax seeds and oat bran.


This morning we found that the door wedge that was missing from the chapel doors was tucked into my youngest daughter's purse.  Sweet.  We'll be surreptitiously giving that back next week.  "What wedge?  You mean this wedge?  Oh, yeah, I found it over there.  Just putting it back over here.  Good Sabbath!"


Youngest daughter has also been caught in the infinite loop of "Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb.  Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb...."

So I rebelled:  Mary had a little ham, little ham, little ham.  Mary had a little ham that tasted good with jam.

Freida: No!  Not a ham.

Me:  What about a fan?  Do you like fans?
Freida: Mary had a little fan?
Me: Yes!
Frieda: [looking at me like a deer in headlights]  Noooooooo, not a fan.  [pause, thinking]  Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-Ohh!!  Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-Ohh!!
Me: [my turn for deer in headlights, right before I turn Pandora up]


No orders.  No house.  No job.  Sigh.  Man takes an A+ exam tomorrow to see if he can get a certificate.  If he does, then he'll qualify for a lot more jobs in the government.  He'll also have his degree by this time next month. 

In the mean time, I'll be nudging a little 3 year old out of any number of infinite loops.

1 comment:

anonymous male said...

Teach her "This is the song that doesn't end" Because that one isn't annoying at all. :P