Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another week, no orders

Here we are again, on a Saturday, and we have no orders.

No real news either. My very long application and testing process has been completed for Military to Medicine, only to have them tell me that my assessments would place me somewhere in legal or editing. Health care isn't a terrible match for me (says my Fit exam) but I most definitely shouldn't go into the restaurant business. Ha!  I'm taking it with a grain of salt. However, I like the sound of my greatest individual strength:

Savvy: Tendency to read other people's motives, understand office politics, and anticipate the needs and intentions of others. Your responses suggest that you are highly-attuned to the motives of others. You can perceive what others may be thinking or feeling, and adapt well to social situations as a result. Your high level of perception usually leads to appropriate action in different social and professional settings.

Can you just hear Captain Jack Sparrow tell me how great I am?

I love how these personality tests are all so complimentary. Here's an example:

Goodwill: Tendency to be forgiving and to believe that others are well-intentioned.  Your responses suggest that you normally treat others kindly and are willing to lend your support to coworkers when you can. You usually trust that others are well intentioned, and you treat colleagues with compassion when you feel they deserve it. [emphasis mine]

Behold, my most wan virtue. Who knew?  But it takes my greatest personal weakness and makes it sound like I do people a favor when I think well of them. Ouch.

Edited to add:  I guess I should say that I havn't been rejected from the program but I am looking forward to their phone call. Will they talk me out of medicine? Not as long as someone is holding their checkbook open. Maybe I should be a paralegal.  Although, with my goodwill levels so low, I guess I could be a real lawyer.  (Love you, Kelly!)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

lol!

There are no good paying jobs in legal fields right now. All of the jobs are shipping to India. I'd stick with medicine. :)