Saturday, May 15, 2010

A little bit of catchup

I don't even know where to begin. Finals are starting this coming week, Princess is reading Harry Potter, Tag has been getting more blues at school but the last week or so his disposition has been improving, Pebbles draws the cutest, craziest little monster guys I think I've ever seen, and Freida is putting together sentences like "pweez I wannit" and "I open da door!"

Now I remember why blogging consistently mattered so much before, since the months are flying by in a blur.

I find that I just don't have the emotional strength to write the major events out right now. So here's a slight summary:

Medboard: no news. His last appt is at the end of May which is coming up fairly quickly. It may have to be rescheduled since his schedule just had a major, though temporary, shift. Rescheduling it means that the whole process will be delayed a month.

Accident: still dragging out. I'm so mad at State Farm insurance (the company the other lady has) for their low down, sneaky, dishonest tactics. Of course they save their people money, because they play dirty. I will never, EVER even consider getting insurance through them.

School: I don't have to take the math final, woohoo!!! The only final I'm a bit worried about is English. That'll be over on Wednesday though. I'm starting to realize why people get terrifically trashed after finals.

Princess: I've referred her to the professional counselors from Walter Reed who visit the military schools here since her stress levels have been increasing. She's starting to show signs of stress illness through headaches and stomach aches. We've kept up the breathing and muscle relaxation exercises at night, followed by cuddling, which seems to help quite a bit. I got her some pencils and a drawing pad. Already she has turned out some really great pieces.

Tag: I just can't believe how much he is growing in maturity and capability. He takes good care of himself, sometimes doing all of his chores without being asked, getting his own home lunches made when he wants them, and keeping his room a lot more clean. He still has some moments of inexplicable emotion (like big, silent tears when he didn't get to ride in the three seater grocery cart) but has mostly settled into a deep throated, closed mouth growl when stomping to his room rather than full Wagnerian war bellows.

Pebbles: She has a decided preference for full length pants. It's a rare day I can get her to wear shorts at all. Such a cute and funny quirk. She got to spend a couple of days in hourly care while I went to classes and Man went to work. She was absolutely enchanted with the whole situation. One day she was there for about seven hours and still didn't want to come home.

Freida: Just as cute as can be. We Will Rock You is still her favorite, and now she sings "please" in the same notes changes as a fog horn -- first high, then low. Pleeeee-eeeeese. She is also going through a mondo growth spurt resulting in incessant hunger and one instance of a 15 hour nap-turned-night-sleep.

Me: of course I havn't given many details at all, but suffice it to say that I'm exhausted. Happy, happily busy, happily making charts and study schedules and avoiding housework and adjusting my balanced-carb diet and finding new cookbooks and trying to make sure that the gym happens and not going to Michael's every time I get a coupon in my email and wondering how I can organize even more and work on foodstorage without going nuts before maybe a move and... occasionally, I even breathe. You know how that goes.

Once again, without going into details, please keep us in your prayers. Life has gotten more complicated lately and it's really taking its toll. Thank you.

1 comment:

Mediocre Renaissance Man said...

Your family is always in our prayers and in our future plans! We love coming out to visit, but the busy fairies have been bothering us a lot lately as well.
Have you guys seen Sherlock Holmes yet? We still want to come over and have a movie night soon-ish (still no telling when "soon" will come though).