Saturday, May 15, 2010

biggest laugh in weeks

So, I guess I could have told this funny story earlier:

We went to the park this morning and were all over the equipment and creek. It was time to go and we started to walk away but Tag cried out:

"Hey! I'm stuck!" but he was laughing.

Me: Nice try, kid. [walking away some more]

Tag: Mom! Wait! Don't leave! [wiggling in his seat and standing on his tiptoes.]

Me: Oh, wait, you're serious.

Tag: Of course I am! I'm mostly a serious person.

So I go over and try to haul him out, lifting him under the armpits and wondering how I'm going to get this super long kid out. I lifted as high as I could go and then told him to get his feet out. He started to yell about his pants. I pulled him away from the swing and lowered him a bit to see that the only thing left stuck in the swing were his big feet, with his pants bunched up around his ankles. It reminded me vaguely of one of the Harry Potter books when James Potter made Snape hang upside down to reveal his bony legs and underwear. Well, there were my kid's bony legs and underwear and I suddenly didn't have strength in my arms anymore from laughing so hard. His sisters gathered around to watch the spectacle and we all laughed so hard that none of us could move for a while. I guess it's a good thing that Tag is such a good sport. He sort of shrugged and said "at least I was wearing some underwear today." It only occurs to me now that I need to chat with him about wearing underwear ALL THE TIME. Sheesh.

By the way, I'm thinking that outside is the only place to eat grilled corn from now on. So much less mess and fuss.

1 comment:

CrustyCupcake said...

Oh man! Underpants every day please! Although Boy after reading this is now considering the issue... uh oh!!