Thursday, July 28, 2011

South Beach: Back to Phase 1, and general update

So, I'm back to phase one of the south beach. I've even put a little back on over the past few weeks and I'm disappointed. Again.

I have a new walking partner until she gets a job, and I'll be making another doctor's appointment after the kids get back into school. It just seems to be utterly ridiculous that the addition of just one or two servings of carbs should halt or negate my weight loss. The book says to work your way up to five or six servings as long as it's reasonable veggies, whole grain breads, and all refined flours and sugars are avoided.

I just don't know what to do anymore. One of these days I'll scrape together my pennies and buy some sort of exercise machine off of Craig'slist, but my big hangup there is how to transport and then get it into my home when my partner is gimpy. If I were feeling optimistic, I'd just call around and see if a youth in the ward wouldn't mind earning a stack of cookies for helping me out.

School is going well. I finished my first class in half the time allotted. My next class starts in mid-August. It's been nice to take a break. My home is now back in order. I just need to find a good storage solution for my food storage which now overflows the craft room and Raul. We've been putting what money we can into mid- to long term food storage against the coming months. Man's school starts soon, along with a student job (IT support) that he landed earlier this week. We're just going to take it one month at a time and hope that my certificate can land me a decent job. If not, it's back to school , most likely at Pueblo Community College which is 40 mins away. There's nothing local that has got medical degrees, and Pueblo has an embarrassment of them and a surprisingly large campus for a community college.

Areas of study, (note that they offer seven of the degrees I've considered over the past few years) and a pic of the campus.

Man has kept himself busy by teaching himself some of the basics of game creation. He's keeping a bit of a record over here. Since his short job search didn't go well and ended with his decision to return to school, he's been scouring the internet for resources on learning how to code, develop graphics, and generally put together a fairly ambitious game. He's going to use it as his master's project and hopes to sell it later on. I have to admit that it looks like a fun game and I hope it works out for him.

No comments: