Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Little wonders

Last Thursday, someone sent an email to my math class asking what the homework for today was.  I caught the email on Sunday night and sent one back on the off chance that three other people hadn't already done so.  Tonight, I went to class to find someone looking for me with a thank you and a gift for the one and only person to answer her plea for help.  I've got loot!  Pens and highlighters and Post-its galore!   Funny thing is, I may have been the only person in that class to truly delight in office supplies.  My appreciation was genuine and abundant. 

Funny how one little act can be so meaningful to someone struggling in a class.  I've shared 5 classes with one friend now and we're constantly getting notes from each other.  There are days when she sees that a new chapter of notes is up online and she surprises me with my own printed set.  I know what relief I feel to have that simple yet annoying and time consuming task already completed for me.  She often has to leave early to take care of her disabled child so I copy an extra set of notes for her as well.  What would we do without classmates like this?

Pay it forward, folks.  You never know how much it means.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! School friends definitely make things so much better!