Saturday, April 09, 2011

Saying goodbye is hard to do

Gosh, I love my friends. They come in all shapes and sizes, in all colors and creeds. They all share a few traits: humor, intelligence, and kindness. I've recently enjoyed the company of one friend who moved all the way across the continent to come see me again (the Crusty Cupcake family). I've enjoyed the company of friends who followed us all the way from California, with one little detour along the way (Rochelle, Brian, and their sweet children). Friends here have been kind and wonderful and helped us limp through a tumultuous year.

And now we move on to yet another city and new friends, continuing to enjoy the friends we now leave behind in a geographical sense.

The packers come on Monday and I still have a bunch of crap to get done. We'll weigh the van after the trip. Some good news is that Man's promotion right before his retirement means that we have a 9,000 pound weight allowance, inside of which we'll rattle.

So now we just have to pack the van and frickin' figure out where we'll live. My uncle was kind enough to scope out a neighborhood we've had out e-eyes on for a while, with a very promising report. Our real eyes checked out a few other neighborhoods over Christmas break but we didn't reach any conclusions.

So, without internet for a few weeks, I bid you a hearty "see you soon, friends." We'll be unplugged beginning Monday morning, which includes our landline. All communication will have to go through our cell phones until we get plugged in again, whereupon our current numbers will still be valid thanks to Google Voice.

Any prayers you'd like to send our way with fond wishes for finding a house soon would be most appreciated.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck!! I hope you find a place you love. Good luck with the move, too. You'll be closer to me! I hope that makes you happy. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't post earlier because I didn't want it to be true! Denial. My river!!
I miss you already but you guys are in our hearts so you're never really far away! Be safe! Have fun & remember wherever you go.... there you are!! Love you!