Monday, November 29, 2010

Almost

The end of the semester is almost here.

It's almost Christmas.

It's almost time to visit family and friends.

Man is almost out of the Army (no disability rating yet).


The kids' long string of birthdays is almost here (Dec, Jan, Feb, April) and they all want parties.

I have a new story idea that I'm almost convinced I should start writing on right away.  Almost.

I'm almost convinced that we need to swap three bedrooms in my house.  Heh.  I need to decide before I have the missionaries over for dinner, so I can get them to lift the furniture for me.  They're always asking if there's anything they can do, and Man sure as heck can't lift.

I'm almost done Christmas shopping. 

The kids are almost... no, not almost.  The kids are sick, have been sick for a long time, and they're not better yet.  Should that keep us home for Christmas?  It might if they don't get better, and I can't tell you how awful I'd feel if any family got the lingering crud we're fighting. 

All this almost is making me a little crazy.  I'm so not used to much sugar anymore that when I sat and nibbled on Hershey's Kisses all day yesterday without eating real food, I went nuts.  I suddenly have a lot of sympathy for those who suffer with bipolar disorder. 

Two more class periods and one day full of finals.  Yep, all of my finals are on the same day.  ALL.  That's six hours of hard core testing, man.  And a lot of #2 pencil lead.  Thank goodness there's only one hand written exam.  The other two are a combined 160 multiple choice questions and the turn in of one take home essay test, which I've already completed. I might actually try to take the psych test early this week.  Hm... time to get one that, I think.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

KarenT said...

But............ Christmas is still 3 weeks away! do you really believe they could still be sick then? Or maybe YOU will be...that would certainly put a damper on things. Well, tell me your hypothetical vacation time line, please, in the hope that you can all come.