Tuesday, November 03, 2009

potholder, part II

I feel I must mention that this is the picture that caught my breath. It's the one in the upper left.

And here is the pattern for it, if you want to make it.

For those who don't pursue the stringed arts, this is known as a "stash buster", or an item that can be made from all of the bits and ends of yarn left over from previous projects. That's why the pattern is called "wool eater".

And, Crusty Cupcake left a comment saying that it looks decorative. I totally agree. I can see this being a trivet piece at best, and possibly framed if you come up with stunning color combinations like these ladies did. The favorite materials for these are natural fibers such as cotton or wool, and wool does not like to get washed after getting dirty. If you do, you'll have a Barbie sized potholder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I admit it! When I first saw THE potholder I immediately looked at the stash bin & went "hmmmmm" Gorgeous things aren't they!

Anonymous said...

PS I'm going for the round one in the lower left!