Sunday, October 29, 2006

Reason for outage

My Man wants a low internet profile. Apparently we have to keep his language and any aspect of his job under wraps (not that I've really told you guys anything about it) but from now on, all anyone knows is we have a Soldier in the family and no, thank you for asking, he isn't deployed. For my part, as I already said I wouldn't talk about, I won't be mentioning his comings and goings. Any suggestions for a misnomer for him? Calling him "My Man" seems silly somehow but nothing creative is running off the top of my head.

Now on to fun stuff! We've been playing with ideas regarding how to move and get moving truck, self, kids, and sanity out to our new home. My mom has said that the kids and I could fly and then she and my dad would take our car out and fly home. Afterall, they want to visit my grandmother anyway and this would be a great chance to do so. My mother in law has also mentioned that a sister in law and her family will be trekking out there later in the year, and the thought of a caravan is far more attractive to me than going el solo. I can still take food, toys, and cold medicine with me and it'd be safer at a hotel to have a friend in the next room over.

Yesterday I had a feeling like I needed to head back on over to Lawrence to start collecting some needed information and happened to stop at the old furniture store there. Lo and behold, a couch and love seat that were in near-to-new condition that were almost the exact same model as the ones I was looking at over at the new place were on the floor. (did that sentence make sense? Thought not. Hopefully you know what I mean.) I raced back to the sales lady and claimed them right before another lady raced on over to the sales lady to claim them. I didn't know I was racing until after the fact, but for once in my life I didn't feel guilty about beating someone to a great deal. At 1/3 of the cost of new, this 95% new purchase is a major steal. I also found all of the components for a new bed. Still having a hard time finding a desk I'm completely in love with (price and all) and entertainment centers are another difficult decision, but things are really starting to come together. I've put a bit of a dent in refinishing this pretty old dresser I found. So far the wood underneath is looking better than the stain I'm stripping so I'm excited to see what I have underneath the old glop. Here's a huzzah for natural wood! I'll take pictures after it's finished again.

No comments: