Thursday, December 09, 2010

the delicious end

Oh, there are delicious ends.  There are heels of fine bread, the last lukewarm sweetness of an herbal mocha, the last end woven into a deep, fluffy scarf, and a final exam that takes 30 mins to whip out.

I wrote until my hand shook, which wasn't much considering my generation Y upbringing.  Then I sold back my text books and skipped down the hall with a whistle on my lips and a laugh in my throat.  An odd combination, but I didn't care.  The door to my freedom opened with a blast of frozen air that felt like baptism on my flushed face. 

It was most welcome.

I'm taking spring off, unless I take just one online class.  House hunting, job searching, school looking, but first, there is Christmas.  I'm going to take off my shoes and take a hot bath.

Oh, and I had another book idea when Freida came to visit my bed at 3 am, complaining of her fear of crickets.  It kept me up for an hour. 

No comments: