Thursday, March 11, 2010

Growing up

There's a kid in Psych class who had bushy, messy hair. Think Jim Halpert:


That hair was always in his face and hanging in his eyes until this past Monday when he walked into class. I could barely recognize him, he looked so clean cut and combed. You know how some people look like they have brown eyes until they get a hair cut? This kid was one of them and his eyes were such a clear blue that I couldn't help but stare for a moment. He noticed so I said:

"Wow! Nice hair cut! Who knew you had blue eyes? In fact, you're quite good looking. Don't you think so, C?" My classmate looked a little bewildered at my comments and started laughing.

"What?" I said. "He's a cute kid, and I'm an old married lady. No harm in saying he's good looking."

The kid in question (I think he's about 10 years younger than me) gave a charming half grin and blushed.

A couple of days later I was in the computer lab when I happened to go up to the printer for my notes when he suddenly popped up out of nowhere for his own notes.

"Hey," he said. "Do you know about this assignment?"

I gave him a clear, bold look, told him what I knew about the assignment, and, for the first time in my life, I watched an instant crush form on someone's face. It's a minor one, but he got that puppy dog look, gave his little half grin again, and couldn't quite look away.

It was so cute! Being an old married lady sure can be good for a chuckle. I've always preferred older men, though.

1 comment:

wet watermelon said...

You may be married, but you're not old. You'll never be old. :)