Tuesday, August 11, 2009

When kids plan the menu

Yesterday, I gave up with menu planning for this week.

This is what the kids came up with:

Spaghetti (garlic bread, corn, salad, nectarines)
Chicken Alfredo (garlic bread, peas, salad, cantaloupe)
Ravioli (butternut squash, grapes, apples)
Pizza (toppings - pineapple, chicken, mushrooms, salad)
Stroganoff (steamed broccoli)
Steak (mashed potatoes, maybe some grilled corn and zucchini, canatoupe)
Hamburgers (pasta salad, fruited jello, baked beans)

How cool is that? We're going to keep taking advantage of the fruit in season as long as it's there, so that's one side dish each night. I'm also back into a salad mode, with plenty of add-in veggies, garbanzo beans, and light on the dressing.

I may just have everyone else plan menus for me for a while. It's nice to get out of a rut, and now they can't complain about the food. Or, shouldn't, but might complain.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Very cool idea. I need to do some changing with my menu planning. Good luck with the whole tonsil question! Thinking nice, healthy, happy thoughts for you.